FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]
Old May 23, 2012, 8:33 am
junglesmacks

After funding my PayPal account from an outside bank, then transferring the amount back into my ST SkyMiles account and letting it fully fund, I called in this morning to verify that the direct deposit requirement had been fulfilled.

PayPal deposits DO NOT MEET the direct deposit requirement and DO NOT WORK for this promotion.

According to the representative, payroll direct deposits and others have a unique banking transaction code that automatically triggers a notification. A simple ACH transfer will not trigger it. Even if you open an account at an outside bank and do an ACH transfer in, this does not count being as that it's not specifically a payroll transfer.

Spoke with a payroll services rep and learned that sole proprietorship LLCs are not allowed to pay their owner via payroll services due to IRS laws. Meaning: I can't setup payroll to myself.

What I can do, is add my girlfriend to the existing personal account and make the deposit in her name. Intuit Payroll services have a free 30 day trial program.

Last edited by junglesmacks; May 23, 2012 at 9:21 am