FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - upgrade on a transatlantic flight - the easy way
Old May 21, 2012, 3:43 pm
jsmith50

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Travelomania
My question is this: will I receive MQM miles (150%) for the flown class (C) or for the paid class ?

TIA !
I've only ever gotten the mileage credit for the fare class that my ticket was originally purchased under when op up'd. Flew back to the States last week SYD-LAX and did not get the op up on a flight that had 80+ empty seats in back. However, they called up 31 pax on that flight for new BPs. I am assuming that there were at least several non revs and family members in this bunch who probably had their standby BPs replaced with actual BPs but I talked with one very excited young lady and husband in the gate area who were not expecting it when she got called up and very clearly were op up'd. I know for sure that there were at least 2 DMs in EC (myself and the guy sitting across the aisle from me). Anyone have experience with SYD and op ups? Curious what criteria they use...