FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hollywood to Bollywood, the long way: UA/Swiss/Thai 77W/Emirates A380 F + Singapore J
Old May 18, 2012, 11:24 pm
amolkold

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
Wow! What a fabulous TR! I'm glad you have a great flight and a successful trip to FRA, ZRH, HKG and anywhere else. Did they delivery your bag to HKG on-time? You don't want to lost the bag.

Sorry, you can't get on entire A380 this time. Maybe next time. You should try to flying on KE next time. You can try to get on entire A380 from LAX-ICN-HKG next time. It's easy way to do it. You don't have to flying more than 48 hours.
Thank you, Scotty. Indeed, my bags made it to HKG safe and sound.

I actually did look into KE but they had blackout dates for mileage tickets for the dates I needed. I didn't know they fly ICN-HKG on the A380 ... I'll keep that in mind for when I need to redeem my Skymiles.

The routing I took was mainly to get a flight via the Frankfurt First Class Terminal (which I got on account of a same-day Swiss F flight) and the Thai BKK First lounge. The Emirates A380 was just icing on the cake.

I'm actually flying the SQ A380 from LAX to Tokyo to Singapore soon, but that's in coach. Still looking forward to it