FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hollywood to Bollywood, the long way: UA/Swiss/Thai 77W/Emirates A380 F + Singapore J
Old May 18, 2012, 10:10 pm
amolkold

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vandiemen
Great report, very informative!! Thanks a bunch and I'm looking forward to the other flights!
Thanks vandiemen. My last TR hit 20 parts, so this might take a while

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Excellent Trip report and pictures!

I'm jealous you caught a glimpse of the Aurora. It's still on my bucket list
Thanks calvinoeh! Having done plenty of West Coast USA - Europe polar route flights (LAX/SFO - LHR/FRA/CDG), Aurora Borealis can be almost counted upon to show up in some form. It's just that most people are asleep for the show.

The actual lights are a lot dimmer, but anytime you take a picture, longer exposures brighten the light. But it's an amazing sight just in person and I'm going to have to make a trip up north next year to see them in their full beauty.

Originally Posted by kstew
Loving your trip report. Keep up the good work. Excited to see the rest of the story.
Thanks, kstew!

Originally Posted by fieldeng
Love it!!
Excited to see the rest of it.

What camera are you using?
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Wonderful pictures. Ditto with the question above, what camera are you using?
Thanks fieldeng and blackmamba ... I'm using a mix of an older Canon DSLR (a 7-year-old 350D) and my iPhone 4 (for videos and for when I don't want to be so obvious about taking pictures with others around). If only I could use my miles to get some nicer lenses