FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson San Jose (CA) or Country Inn Sunnyvale?
Old May 18, 2012, 4:42 pm
maximizer

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Pretty sure the Country Inn is a no-brainer here, for two reasons -- one, it's the #1 rated hotel in Sunnyvale on TripAdvisor (out of ~40), and two, it's one of the Carlson hotels that's moving up a category come June 1st, which means it's probably a good deal to book right now.

Full disclosure, I haven't actually stayed at either of these hotels, but I've got a room booked at the Country Inn in June for the 44k point promotion -- cost me a measly $57 and 5000 points (gonna be 10k points to book that after the category change though). Also gave me a standby free suite upgrade for Silver status.
Ha! my stay will be on Memorial day. But thanks for noting the category change. If we like the place then I might book it again before the change.

I'm silver too, but I think I'll just book the suite, it's only $6 extra with C&P. Will be convenient with kids.

The Country Inn also gives free breakfast, not so at the Radisson. And the pool is heated (Radisson website just says "pool" so who knows). So yes, I'm pretty sure it will be Sunnyvale.