FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Example European Itinerary, Advice needed!!
Old May 17, 2012, 10:05 am
nba1017

Originally Posted by frey12
Hi
I will be travelling with a 2 other adults and 2 kids (9,11) stopping in London, Paris, Milan, Venice, Florence and finally Rome in June/July of this year. I wanted some advice on whether the hotels I was looking at were good choices for us.

London - The Corinthia
Paris - The Mandarin Oriental
Milan - Park Hyatt
Venice - Westin Europe&Regina (unsure of this)
Florence - Four Seasons
Rome - Portrait Suites

Are these places worth staying at, any other suggestions would be great.

IMO London has better options than the Corinthia. While the location just off Northumberland Ave is convenient to a number of sites, it's very dead in the evenings and a little bit of a pain to travel from.

Both Claridges and the Savoy have "family suites" of a two connecting rooms sharing a full-bath, which might be economical if you were simply considering two rooms. Otherwise, if price isn't your principal concern, the new 45 Park Lane appears to be a good choice. I've always been partial to the Berkeley, particularly if you're interested in exploring South Ken/Chelsea/Hyde Park. My objection to the Four Seasons is that a standard (Premier) room is only 390sf, which will feel a bit tight even with just two people, and there is no real 'junior suite' option. But, if you choose to spend up, you won't be disappointed.

DavidO has a thread somewhere in the first two pages of this board comparing the new London properties; it may be of use to you.