FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Oz Fest #9" – Canberra Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27, 2012
Old May 17, 2012, 4:44 am
*A Flyer

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Folks, a big email has just gone out to all registered attendees. Please read it carefully.

The key information is below.

Bus Schedules

On Saturday morning we need to be at Gold Creek Station at 10:30am. For those on the Sheep Station Tour, we will be picking up from the Hyatt at 9:30am, the Novotel at 9:45am and the Crowne Plaza at 10:00am. These times are fixed. The bus will return to the Crowne Plaza and Novotel after lunch (~1:00pm). There will be a short break (about 50 minutes) before the departure for the afternoon tour.

The Saturday Afternoon War Memorial Tour departs from the Crowne Plaza at 2:20pm and the Novotel at 2:30pm. The tour will return to the city and the Hyatt about 5:15pm after a brief trip to the top of Mount Ainslie for a dusk view over Canberra.

The Sunday Parliamentary Triangle Tour departs the Novotel at 9:45am and the Crowne Plaza at 9:55am. The main part of the tour will be to the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House. However, there will be a dropoff at the National Gallery of Australia if you would prefer to see the galleries there. At about 12:00 we will make our way to the cafe at Old Parliament House (it is a short walk from the gallery for those who are there) before walking up Federation Mall to Australian Parliament House. There are a number of public galleries to visit or you can join the 1:00pm public tour or grab a coffee in the cafe. The bus departs at 2:30pm dropping off at the Hyatt, Novotel and Crowne Plaza before heading on to the airport. While anyone can join the bus at the hotels to go to the airport, there is not guaranteed departure time. Please be ready and in the lobby at 2:30pm.

Menus

The menu for Friday Dinner is as follows:

Entree/Appetizer

Chicken Tikka, Barrah Kebab, Seekh Kebab

Main Course/Entree (served family style)

Lamb Rogan Josh, Bombay Beef, Desi Chicken, Matar Mushroom Paneer, Prawn Malabar and Beef Vindaloo

Saffron Rice, Naan, Garlic Naan, Pappadams, Assorted Sides

Dessert

Mango Kulfi, Pistachio Kulfi, Gulab Jamun

The menu for Saturday Dinner is as follows:

Garlic Bread, Fresh Bread with olive oil and vinegar
Marinated Olives

Entree/Appetizer

Lightly fried calamari with rocket and aioli
Rare tuna rice paper rolls served with soy and wasabi
Haloumi with rocket, white beans, roasted red capsicum and aioli
Warm carrot, blue cheese and pinenut salad with baby spinach

Main course/Entree

Grain fed Scotch Fillet steak (300g), fries, Bearnaise sauce
Fish of the day
Slow braised lamb shank with roasted root vegetable sauce, creamy mash
Lemon and chilli chicken breast, crushed chat potatoes, parsley, spicy capsicum sauce

Rocket and parmesan salad
Steamed greens

Dessert

Sticky date pudding, butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream
Bailey's affogato - vanilla ice cream with a shot of espresso and Bailey's
Apple and rhubarb and berry crumble with macadamia nuts and vanilla ice cream
Neapolitan delight - Frugii all natural ice cream vanilla, strawberry, callebaut chocolate, brandy snap

Important Information

Below is a map of the venues and accommodations for OzFest. Hopefully it will assist you with orientating yourselves while in Canberra. Note that all the restaurants are in the same area and all are within 10 minutes walk of the Crowne Plaza, Novotel and Rydges Lakeside.

Please visit http://g.co/maps/aq82a for the map.

If you have any dietary requirements that I have not been advised of let me know NOW! If not, I cannot guarantee that the restaurants will have sufficient notice to prepare for your meal.

I am also planning a dinner for Sunday night for those who are still in town. If you are interested please let me know. The current options are Pub Food, Pan-Asian or Thai. Please let me know your preference by email.

That's it for now. OzFest #9 is looking to be as good as the past eight and I look forward to meeting you all at the Welcome Drinks at Honkytonks.

Cheers

David

Last edited by *A Flyer; May 17, 2012 at 5:27 am