FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD-AUH-DEL in J, what to expect
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2012, 3:26 am
piasayang

Programs: QR Gold, SQ Gold, MH Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes, I agree. It would be great to know what youre going to get, but on the whole, even if theyre slightly incompetent, the FAs on EY really do try. Ive never had a time when my call bell wasnt answered ... so at least they are available to you, even if not proactive. And I often find on the flights Ive taken that its a mixed bag - green, inexperienced, nervous (or sometimes just bad attitude) partnered with the old school professional, proud to work FAs. You just need to identify which one is which, and make friends with the good and be patient with the not so!

They are rolling out the "new" Business seats across the fleet - the older ones (still lie flat) are light blue - the newer ones are a little more sophisticated browns and black and white. Both are extraordinarily comfortable, though the newer ones are better designed to accomodate all those bits and bobs that you scatter around you on a flight.

And btw. As soon as you get to AUH, in transit, go to the lounge and book your spa treatment if you want one (and I suggest you do - even if its just a shoulder and back massage). They are a wonderful, relaxing chilled out part of the journey. But the spa can get busy in the lounge, and so its useful to book first, then go eat or wander the duty free until its time for your treatment. I often follow up with a shower if I have time. The perfect pause in a journey that will be luxurious anyway.

Safe flying.