FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Book online vs AA?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2012, 12:31 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Book online vs AA?

(I seem to recall this being discussed here, but searching hasn't turned up anything)

I'm putting together an ex-JNB DONE4, first flight will be CX JNB-HKG. I've never actually booked with the online tool. If I do, will I have problems getting the AA RTW desk to make changes? (I know I'll need to make at least date/time changes because the latter flights I want are too far out to be bookable now.)

A couple years ago I used a TA in Seoul to book and issue a DONE3, and ran into a Catch-22 where the AA RTW desk couldn't see all the sectors, and the Seoul agent insisted AA ordered them not to reissue tickets without charging the fare difference. I called the AA RTW desk today and asked, and the agent there thought that the online tool made all sectors visible to AA, but of course wasn't sure.

In the past I've had the AA RTW desk put a trip on hold, then contacted the AA agent in the country of origin to issue the ticket. Is that still the best way to go? (Assuming the online tool would actually issue a ticket for me, with my IP address being in the U.S.)