FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice for USA-Australia in J: QF versus Air Canada versus Virgin
Old May 13, 2012, 1:14 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks for this quick reply. Very useful! Among other things, I hadn't realized the QF 380 seats were lie-flat.

As for UA NS from SFO, for whatever reasons the SFO flights are more expensive than those originating in LAX right now, so I have to connect anyway. And given the way post-merger UA is falling apart in terms of its deteriorating frequent flier program, antiquated reservations system, big problems dealing with irregular operations, and general attitude toward customers, I don't mine accumulating miles on it but would rather not give it my money.
It is your money, but I would suggest that UA's business class seat is a pretty decent one; dismal meals onboard but a decent seat. I would definitely take UA over QF on a 747 but if you can get an A380 that would be nobbad.

As far as whether a 7am flight arrival into SYD will be ok ex CBR, it should be , but if you have separate bookings for the flights you need to accept the risk that exists with any connection on different tickets

Dave