FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex and fraudulent charges - Help
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2012, 3:02 am
Centurion

^^ah I would follow MIA's advice to the Letter (pun intended)
Originally Posted by mia
If the charges occurred a month ago there is still time. With this amount of money at stake I would follow the statutory process without any deviation.
fyi.. you have here what is often called a "bust out" credit card theft crime. You will find many complaints on flyertalk about card members complaining about why xyz credit card company will them not let them pre-pay a card for a higher credit line to cover a purchase and this is exactly the reason why.

I would not be shocked if Amex thinks something fishy is up and is being extra cautious just in case this was an inside job done by the customer. Your complaint about small charges not going through is because crooks do small test charges to see if they have been shut down. A crook making a small purchase that is declined is not going likely get much attention versus a large purchase.

Oh and Amex may think your father has a mistress or just went crazy for a short period. Fyi...You do remember the story about the man who charged over $100,000 at the strip club at NYC and then tried to dispute it right?

Last edited by mia; May 11, 2012 at 6:50 am