FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are Free Nights Transferrable?
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 10:06 am
Gold Passport Concierge
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by katieq1
I have two free nights from my credit application that will expire soon. Is it possible to give them away to a friend? I know I won't use them and hate waste the free nights. (I did have plans before I applied for the card, but that fell through.) I don't mind to book under my name, but I'm worried they won't be able to check in without me.
Hello,

These awards are non-transferable. The following is from the T&C of the Hyatt Card Free nights:

ALL MEMBERS:

Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. Awards are not transferable. After qualifying, please allow 10 days for your Award(s) to post to your Hyatt Gold Passport account. For complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program including the use of Awards, see goldpassport.com. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Hyatt Credit Card cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Hyatt Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. If your account is not open for at least 3 months, Hyatt and Chase reserve the right to deduct the Award(s) from your Hyatt Gold Passport account. Annual fee applies. The Free Night Awards are subject to change.

Hyatt Hotels and Resorts do not include Hyatt Residence Club which is a vacation ownership organization having owners of fractional interests in Hyatt Residence Club Resorts as members. Award inventory availability at Hyatt Residence Club Resorts is limited and varies by resort location, season, and unit, and is typically offered on a relatively short-term basis (usually 60 - 90 days prior to arrival).

Here's the link to the full T&C: http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-...conditions.jsp

Hope this helps!

-Nick B.