FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - bmi : The formal decision tree on when to do your BA status match!
Old May 5, 2012, 5:14 am
krich

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, AMEX BA PP, AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
i) You are BMI Gold(or Silver) and BA Gold (or Silver), and your BMI year expires first, and you will NOT retain your existing BA status.
Do a match as late as possible before your BMI status drops (the only exception to this is to do it a bit earlier if you have some BA flights coming up that you want to count towards renewal next year). This gives you an extra period of BA status, from a few months to nearly a year depending on how your BA and BMI years match up. Your tier points will drop to 0 and your membership year will reset.
What a great thread ^

I want to clarify something. My DC year ends 20th July, 2012 and I have DC*G till then. My BA year ends 8th September, 2012 and though I am GGL, my business flights have been more on OW airlines than BA so far, and I haven't got the time to do the 4 qualifying flights at this time. I've got travel planned after September which will make me GGL again very quickly, and for this reason and also going forwards, I want to change my BA membership year to make it even easier to requalify for GGL.

Rather than spend the money on the 4 qualifying flights I can just do the status match, keep the Gold level in BA and then get up to GGL again after a few months.

So, if I match on July 20th, I assume that my BA year would reset to 8th August, 2013 as I am matching Gold to Gold, or would it be through to 8th September, 2013 as I'd get the remainder of the current membership year (till 8th September, 2012 as Gold, and then a full new year till 8th September, 2013)?

My understanding was that for matching from DC*G when you've already got BA Gold, is that the membership year would simply reset and you'd get a fresh year from that point?