FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another trip on DL to Florida, March 2012
Old May 4, 2012, 7:39 pm
N639DL

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Dl127 jfk-fll

DL127 (DL127 runs a 767 MAD-JFK, 738 JFK-FLL)
JFK-FLL
737-832(WL) (738) N376DA (1st 738 with winglets)
12A
JFK Gate departure: T3 Gate 2, Scheduled 3:29pm, Actual 3:45pm (-16)
JFK Takeoff: Scheduled 3:49pm, Actual 4:38pm (-49)
FLL Landing: Scheduled 6:22pm, Actual 6:58pm (-36)
FLL Gate arrival: Gate D1, Scheduled 6:50pm, Actual 7:01pm (-11)

N376DA JFK-FLL by tjisnumbaone2010, on Flickr

By the time it came to board, SP was called and we went up. There was a guy in front of us who was denied because he was boarding out of his zone. The male GA who was scanning took my mom, and then tried to get the guy out of the area. I had a mobile BP so I decided to go ahead and scan myself, again because that’s what the customer is supposed to do. My mom was freaking out again, but the female GA who was making the announcements heard my mom address me by my name, and then took me on the scanner. Then she thanked me by name. I was astonished by her doing that, it was nice.

JFK rotunda by tjisnumbaone2010, on Flickr

Once I was on board, I could instantly see that this bird has been in service for a long time. The seat map had 12B as a preferred seat so I assumed it was an EC aircraft. There must have been an aircraft change because that a/c didn’t have EC. It was simply a regular 738. 12B eventually got occupied by somebody since it was a full flight. We eventually got going out of the gate, to end up waiting to take off in a long line. ATC was organizing it so a/c were taking off of 31L and landing on 31R. We were easily 20 planes back. After a long wait, we took off and headed towards Florida. It was a normal flight – however for a flight that is over 2 hours long I was expecting that there would have been a movie. Instead there were just some TV episodes. It was a bit bumpy at times but otherwise smooth. We were over the ocean for the flight but headed west to land on 9L. Despite leaving late and the long takeoff queue we arrived only 11 minutes late.