Old May 4, 2012, 7:36 pm
N639DL

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
DL2855

DL2855
BOS-JFK
CRJ-900 (CR9) N554CA (1st CR9 flight)
6D
BOS Gate departure: Gate A1, Scheduled 12:30pm, Actual 12:27pm (+3)
BOS Takeoff: Scheduled 12:40pm, Actual 12:51pm (-11)
JFK Landing: Scheduled 1:43pm, Actual 1:35pm (+8)
JFK Gate arrival: T2 Gate 25 Section R, Scheduled 1:53pm, Actual 1:44pm (+9)

Eventually everyone was seated and we were ready to go. The young man in 5B had headphones on, and the back FA told him to turn it off and she did with a bit of “come on let’s go” attitude in it. He probably didn’t understand what she meant as she had to tell him 2 more times. The FA was a bit rude at times but nothing bad. I also disliked how there were automated announcements. For the safety demo, yes I understand that. But multiple automated announcements throughout the entire flight just shouldn't take place. Before we took off there was a NRSA FA behind me who was talking to a pax. She mentioned that she lived in BOS, but was NYC based. Personally I think a FA’s base should be where they live. That way they work out of their home airport instead of positioning themselves to start off somewhere else. With exception, if a 744 FA lived in CHS (where a 744 would pretty much never go) well then obviously they have to position themselves to work. A FA who lives in BOS but is ATL based would NRSA BOS-ATL, work ATL-BOS-ATL, then NRSA ATL-BOS. It’s a wasteful system IMO. Anyway an announcement was made so I missed some of the FA’s conversation with the pax, but she mentioned Athens and how she liked it there. It sounded like she was going to Athens but I don’t truly know.

We eventually pushed out and had to deal with that rough corner. A shuttle A319 was pulling in fresh from LGA into A3 therefore they had to get parked while we prepped for forward motion. We taxied out to 22R for takeoff. We got going and everything was normal. During the flight one of the FAs announced that there would be no service in the main cabin due to the length of the flight. DL’s website states that there should be something for more than 30 minutes (and with a 42 minute flight I was surprised there was no service.) It was a pretty quick flight to JFK. It was cloudy/low ceiling/low visibility which made the approach interesting. We landed on 22L and went straight in to park at Gate 25, section R.

Landing in JFK by tjisnumbaone2010, on Flickr

763ER JFK by tjisnumbaone2010, on Flickr

I do not like the JFK RJ farm.

Last edited by N639DL; May 4, 2012 at 7:41 pm