FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rip Off Emirates
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2012, 1:43 am
EK433B77W

Programs: EK Skywards | SQ Krisflyer | VA Velocity | EY Guest | CX AsiaMiles
Originally Posted by eightblack
Omar84, them are fighting words, especially on here. But everyone is entitled to their opinion and you are certainly free to air yours here.

My question is this. Does SQ operate any differently out of its home market in Singapore. Or Qantas out of Australia? Or LH out of Germany?

You would find an equal amount of Aussies (like me) who think like you do, but direct their vitriol towards QF in Australia.

I havent set foot on a QF long-haul flight in 12-years. And wouldn't consider SQ either for anything long-haul. EK's pricing on the other hand is super competitive out of Singapore. And not bad out of Australia.

Is EY any better out of Abu Dhabi? I've just tried to talk to EY in Australia and Singapore to chase up a status match offer, but both staff were completely useless and their call centre very unprofessional.
I couldn't agree with you more eightblack.

I have seen a lot of negative comments towards Emirates not only on FT but all over the internet.

Now I'm one for free speech, so I'm not trying to protect anyone or anything. I'll say that strait up.

I must say, 90% of the issues I'm hearing are a first for me. I've flown on Emirates countless times, in fact it's almost gotten to the stage where counting has become an issue.

Yes, I've had my ups and downs on flights but nothing that would make me write home about. After all the airline is run and operated by humans and mistakes are expected as time goes by. But I've never and I mean never, have I experienced the same issue on multiple flights / sectors. I can't say the same for many other International and Domestic airlines.

I think prices throughout the world have increased. And I strongly disagree, that aircraft types have a major part to play in such actions. e.g. 2010, I flew on SQ's A380 to HKG, Business Class. Paid close to $1,500 SGD for one ticket, for the same time of year in 2011 it would've cost me an extra $1000 SGD. I have never seen such an increase from any airline other than Singapore Airlines. Yes, Emirates is not immune to increases in ticket prices, but you find me a route that prices have increased more than $1000 dollars on an equal sector.

I hope I've been getting on the correct flights. The aircraft does say 'Emirates' on the side of it. :S

^