FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Peninsula or Mandarin Oriental in HKG
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 8:55 am
vuittonsofstyle

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
I know there are plenty of threads on the merits of the various HKG hotels so bear with me, trying to get a feel of the merits of these two hotels specifically against each other. I spent about two days reading the other threads, but could only piece together bits and pieces on these two specifically. I usually stay at the Hyatt TST in Kowloon (which is not a bad hotel at all) but I am taking the missus and another couple, and we are looking for something a little more, and also to do something more classically HKG. We are looking for more refinement than tourist kitsch, so currently leaing away from Pen, but we will prob pop in for tea there either way.

Thanks for any and all input.

Cheers,
Graham
The Pen is currently under refurbishment, at long last, so probably not a good choice. It is also very touristy these days - Kowloon having become the second best leisure option now that Hk island is so rich with opportunities. The MO Hong Kong is a great hotel. I'm not keen on the design of the lobby, but everything else is superb, with some of the best restaurants in HK.