FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - And then there were seven...
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:33 pm
Stumblefoot

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mke9499
Hopefully, F9 will immediately notify those customers, now that the cat is out of the bag, and try to accommodate them, even on other carriers, if need be. In the past, their customer notification of cancelled routes has not been the most immediate. The longer they wait, the more painful it's going to be. I really feel for the CSRs who will field the phone calls.

The airfares on other carriers for peak travel times are not going to be pretty, especially when compared to flights booked awhile ago.
Based on the wording on the PR, I'd say they really don't care. Considering that in essence they have pulled out of the Milwaukee market (4 of the 7 remaining flights are to the DEN hub), the repercussions across the network will be negligible.

Cold? Yes.

Thoughtful? No. Business is business. It will be interesting to see how and if they live up to their "We're Accommodating" claim on their website, "Our reputation as one of the most accommodating and friendly airlines in the U.S. begins with our people."

Like you, I feel for those poor CSRs who will be forced to field those calls. It certainly isn't going to be Bedford or Siegel.