FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question to AMS experts
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:44 pm
ajs123

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
So I arrived 45 minutes before departure, which was plenty. I even had time for a full sit-down lunch at the Brasserie before going to my flight which I reached without any stress.

This confirmed again what a very nice and efficient airport AMS is. I am not particularly fond of the "security at gate" situation because it makes SkyPriority a little difficult to happen. The signs say "if you are SkyPriority just jump the queue". Sure, one could, but nasty looks and all the explaining to other passengers is awkward. Other than that really nice.

Now en route to LHR, where I expect my T4-T3 transfer to be the exact opposite.
I flew the same route the day after you and when I arrived at the gate D18 40 min before departure the line for security check was really long. Without any qualms I proceeded to the skypriority sign, stopped to read what is on it and hoping that anyone confused by my 'queue jumping' would be compeled to read it too. After a few secs I joined the line. No bad looks, no questions, but certainly awkward.
Once it got crowded in the waiting area, one of the GAs while working her way to open the door to the jet brdidge was saying "skypriority first, skypriority first" only to let everyone on board without actually enforcing it...