FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vegas for young AND old?
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:54 am
Neil791

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Booked to go to Vegas in July, and I'm struggling with hotel accommodation.

I like the look of the Cosmo one-bed suites, but I've read the hotel is more geared towards the 20-30yr old party crowd?

Myself and my wife are both in our late 20s, but she's pregnant, so partying will be out.

We're also travelling with my father (72) and his partner. He's not adverse to a bit of partying, but if there's going to be idiots banging up and the down the corridors all night after drinking half a Bud Light, he's likely to cave in their sternum with his cane.

So... Is this what the Cosmo is all about? If so, would a Lakeview Bellagio Deluxe Room be a better option? Or is there another option (with fountain views)?
You mention not wanting the 20-30 yr old party crowd so stay away from Aria, Cosmo, PH, etc.

You didnt mention a budget but did mention Bellagio so i'm presuming you're not looking to go 'cheap & cheerful' i.e. Excalibur/Luxor/Circus??

I would recommend Vdara as its not gaming but its connected to Bellagio via a covered walkway and you can pay a little extra for a lake view of Bellagio. I stayed there last year and found it to be a 'quiet' place by LV standards but the lobby has a tendency to get a bit raucous late at night and near the weekend but overall a nice, clean place. Not to mention the suites were massive with kitchenettes and separate seating areas. Remember as well there is no self parking, only valet but its not the end of the world unless you plan on driving in/out a lot as it might get pricey with all the tips.!

Enjoy!