FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tier miles for upgrade?
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:36 pm
eightblack
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by eckhaya
I recently upgraded from Y to J (saver). Before upgrading, the proposed tier miles for Y appeared in my skywards account as future miles. Since upgrading and completing the flight (2 days ago) the miles have disappeared from my account and have not been credited since completion of the flight. The last transaction is a debit for the upgrade award.

Should one still earn tier miles for the purchased flight (Y saver) despite upgrading to J?

The reason I am fretting is because I need these last tiernmiles to go to Gold!
They should post within 24-hrs of flight completion. The way the system works (for me at least) is that as soon as your ticket is issued, the tier miles for that trip will display on your total tier mile balance (with an asterix) beside the total, which means total tier miles to date (includes flights not flown).

For example, I have a trip beginning this coming Tues. My total tier mile balance already reflects the tier miles for this trip (even though I havent commenced or completed). When I do commence, as soon as I have completed the outbound, the tier mile balance will reduce and reflect actual, and then as soon as I complete the return, the total will go back to where it was - with tier and Skywards miles now reflected in actuals.

Give it a few more days and then if no joy, call Skywards. Or go online and fill out the missing mileage request...