FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Duffel / Travel Bag for a CRJ 200
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:05 pm
oshelef

Originally Posted by thegasguru
Part of the problem with wheeled luggage is that the manufacturers often give the dimensions that do NOT include the wheels and handles - as if those parts don't "count" somehow. So, when it comes time to jam it into the overhead bin, your luggage is suddenly larger than you expect.

I would imagine that if my fully loaded Tristar will fit into a small CRJ overhead bin, then so too will the Motherlode and the MLC. The key is that they are soft sided and MUCH more pliable for fitting into the bin. But more importantly, they don't have the rigid wheels and handle skeleton that just won't budge. Again, if you really need wheels - and you're forced regularly to take a leg that includes a CRJ - then the largest wheeled bag that will fit into a CRJ overhead bin is the B&R. There may be others, but I know for a fact that the B&R fits snug as a bug, wheels and all, and even an inch larger would not fit.
I realize that most wheeled luggage doesn't fit - both because of the rigidity of the frame and the misleading size (wheels, handles, etc...) But do all unframed, unwheeled legal carry ons fit in the crj overhead?

Or put another way, anyone have much experience with 22x14x9 wheel-less carry ons fitting in the small crj overheads?