FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Massive Occupy Wall Street march on 5/1 - threaten to shut down bridges/tunnels
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:12 pm
nd2010

On November 17, Occupy Wallstreet had a similar mass-action. They "occupied" the subways and had big marches all over Manhattan converge on Zuccotti Park. Then they walked over the Brooklyn Bridge in the height of rush hour, snarling traffic for 2 hours.

I preferred it when they were all camped in Zuccotti Park, and in fact I visited that park a few times to see what it was about. I supported their cause since I too have been screwed by the recession. I learned a lot from talking to the people there. But now they're threatening to march all over the city and wreak havoc. The Wall Street executives they're targeting will be put up in a 5* hotel on the company dime on April 30 so that they won't be affected by the marches, but the 99% that have to get to our jobs will be stuck in traffic when they're walking in the middle of the road. I wish that the city would just allow them to stay in Zuccotti Park as a tourist attraction, and maybe have them be more responsible for keeping it clean and safe. Picket on the sidewalk of Wall Street and in front of bank offices or City Hall, hold rallies in parks, or even march through Times Square on the weekend, but why block the already congested bridges and tunnels. They're not going to gain supporters by inconveniencing us.