FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit in IAD
Thread: Transit in IAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:30 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by btang
I just booked a QR flight from HKG-IAD via DOH, and onwards from IAD-SFO on UA. I will have approximately 2 hours and 25 minutes of connection time. This is my first time transitting in IAD and I'm not sure about the connection process. Can anyone advise of the procedure? Also, does QR have interline agreement with UA? Is it possible that I can check through my bags from HKG-SFO and have my UA boarding pass printed in HKG?

Oh, I'll be flying in Business if that helps!
1. Presume that you have by now spoken directly with QR to confirm that they will interline to UA. Always important to speak with the horse's mouth on things such as this.

2. There is no transit at IAD. You will enter the USA at IAD and then proceed as an ordinary domestic pax to SFO. 2:25 is a very tight connection.

3. As a QR pax, you will complete entry formalities at the Intl. Arrivals Bldg and then recheck your luggage at UA desk (if you can't interline, you will take your bags upstairs to departures and check them with UA).

4. You will then proceed back through the security checkpoint and out to your UA gate which will be on the C or D concourse and you will access by Aerotrain or people mover bus depending on which concourse. Security at IAD can be lengthy (hopefully you are in F or have some other access to the premium line).

Have no idea what time of day we are talking about here, but there are 8 non-stops IAD-SFO. I would book the later one and catch the earlier if everything is on schedule.