FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Border Crossing from Israel to Jordan + Travelling within Jordan??
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:01 am
OliverB

Originally Posted by BarmyArnie
As an aside. If you are staying at the Evason Ma'in I would recommend dinner at the Dead Sea Panorama restaurant (which they manage) for awesome sunset over the Dead Sea and distant views of Jerusalem etc...

Hopefully they told you already but the Evason is actually not in Madaba but a half hour drive away so please factor that in to your travel plans
Thanks BarmyArnie!

I've been trying to decide between the Panorama restaurant, and the Olive Bedouin Zarb restaurant overlooking the hot springs falls. I understand that they also offer private dining experiences on cliff tops by candle light with personal chefs.

As we only have one single night, I'd like to make it very special. Both my girlfriend and myself are big foodies and we'd like to enjoy the best meal in the most unique and intimate atmosphere and setting.

Could you please tell me a bit more about Panorama, and how does the food itself compate with the Evason's Olive restaurant? Is the setting more spectacular and is one more or less formal/casual than the other?

Which of the two do you recommend for the absolute best meal and most interesting dining experience?

I'm also going to inquire with the reservations manager about their private dining options out of interest. I'm a bit concerned that we might not enjoy as good a meal doing this however, and it would be more about the experience. I imagine it'll be a costly one!