FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Pensacola Beach {US-FL}
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:14 am
cogers99

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Gold
My family checked in for a few nights over Spring Break, April 2012. We really loved the location of this hotel. Once we parked our car at arrival, we never drove it again. There are enough restaurants close by that we walked to eat every night.

Our days were spent on the beach in chairs rented from Lazy Days. It is $25 a day for 2 chairs and an umbrella, but they will give you a discount if you purchase multiple days. We ate lunch at the pool bar and the food was perfect for a family that did not want to stray far from the sand.

Our favorite restaurant we walked to was Crabs. It is just past the Hampton Inn next door and nothing beats walking on the sand to dinner.

My only complaint would be that when we printed our confirmation the day before we left the confirmation showed we had already been upgraded to a suite with bunk beds thanks to my husbands Hilton Honors diamond status. At check in we were told no upgrade was available at all, not even a basic upgrade to a room with a balcony. We arrived at normal check in time, not late in the day. This was a disappointment since our confirmation stated the opposite. I feel sure they gave our room to another Hilton Honors member, I just wish we had not ever seen the first upgrade. After all, I am realistic enough to know we got the room we booked. Tori at the front desk was helpful and moved us to a balcony room our second day.

The complimentary continental breakfast for HH was wonderful and had plenty of choices for us. It was $3.00 to upgrade to the full breakfast buffet. On the day we woke up to rain they allowed us to fill 2 to go boxes from the continental buffet and we enjoyed a relaxing breakfast in our room.

No more wristbands for the pool as a previous poster mentioned, but you did have to return your towels each day or a $10 charge per towel appeared on your bill. We usually came up from the beach/pool so late that the towel desk was closed, but the front desk would take them and they were quick to remove all $10 charges.

I did not mind the main building, I heard from another guest there is no wifi in the tower. I would stay here again but go in with no expectations of an upgrade during busy season.

Last edited by cogers99; Apr 14, 2012 at 8:23 am