FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:08 pm
lewisc

Originally Posted by Moineau
I use those horrible things under certain circumstances, at times when I might be vulnerable - for example when I'm carrying my luggage to a train, or I'm in transit in a crowded place. I never take cash or cards out of them in public, I'll only remove them in a private place so nobody sees that I'm wearing one. I only use them to carry excess cash for later in my trip, never as a source of money for shopping, restaurants etc.
+1 You're taking a tour and paying, at the end, with cash. Your
re shopping for expensive items and will be paying cash (maybe a mistake). You just went to an ATM machine and are bringing cash back to your hotel or cruise cabin (safe). Maybe your in transit and may fall asleep on a plane or train. Those are the times you use a money belt. Might even be a good idea to go to a bathroom when you add, or subtract, cash. Money for small purchases goes in your pocket. Some (paranoid?) people carry a "decoy" wallet for pickpockets. Small amount of cash and some worthless cards.