FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman, Oh man it dosn't get much worse than this...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:57 am
chokdee

Originally Posted by lunardream
wow,......I'm truly speechless. I truly feel for you. Me and my friend were planning to go for Oman Air to Europe. Now, you have convinced me otherwise.
Thanks for everyone's support.

Everything in my report is factual although I have tried to use a little humour in places to brighten up a tragic tale.

Interestingly a similar incident ( although not in the same league as this one-travelling solo with no infant in tow) happened to me a few years ago when flying in Biz/ First with Gulf.

I was staying in a transit hotel in AUH and had already been issued my onward boarding cards AUH-BAH-BKK the previous day.No problems with my hotel and the transfers by private limo were timely.There was a late cancellation of my biz flight with GF from AUH-BAH due to low numbers but I was put on an Etihad flight and upgraded to First to make my connection.

However on reaching BAH and reporting to the transfer desk my FC seat to BKK had been given to somebody else. Due to my flight cancellation/change from AUH-BAH which had caused a very tight connection to BKK it would appear communication had somehow broken down.

What a difference in the reaction of the ground staff however.They immediately offered compensation there and then. A paid nights stay at a good 5 star hotel with board,fly for free in first the next day.Allow me to change my existing FC BKK-BAH flight to a later date and 500 Euro's cash compensation to cover inconvenience and lost hotel bookings etc.

It sure did beat Oman Air's ''we are sorry please fly with us again sir'' !