FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceline flight mistake, any chance them fixing?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:54 pm
ttlax

Priceline flight mistake, any chance them fixing?

I have used priceline several times and totally understand how it works. Tonight, in trying to get a flight for a family member for a funeral something got totally screwed up. I was on about my 3rd rebid (using suburbs trick) and the flights were accepted. the problem is the totally wrong airport. Flight was supposed to leave out of Gunnison, Co and its out of Denver. This is a huge difference (and of course big difference in price) and something that doesn't work. The flight I got with nyop is almost double the cost of a regular ticket for purchase (from Denver, not Gunnison)...of course it was accepted! They don't seem very willing to help even though they can look at my previous bid history and see I was bidding the same airport every time, even though they offered me tickets from what was accepted for about $250 less (on the rejection screen) than the bid I put in. Why would I turn down tickets for $300 to put in a nyop bid for $550 from the same airport? I'm not convinced I checked Denver instead of Gunnison anyway (can't see how that's even possible) but this is a clear mistake that I would think is easily rectified...except priceline just says "thats what you selected".

Is there any way to get someone who speaks good English and has a willingness to fix an obvious mistake? As I said, I understand their rules but this is a case of a clear screw up (they say me and maybe its possible its me but I don't think so).

I'm sure they CAN fix it if I find the right person but anyone know how to do that?