FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading with Avios After Booking
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:39 pm
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Sorry to hijack this thread. I booked WTP fares ex LHR to HKG and JFK respectively. At the time of booking, there wasn't MFU availability but I'm checking constantly to see if CW seats open up closer to the time.

Just to test the upgrade functionality via MMB when CW MFU seats open up (via Upgrade --> Upgrade with Avois, I get this error msg: "Sorry, it is not possible to change this booking on ba.com. Please call your local British Airways office to change this booking." I booked both flights on ba.com (not TA) so its strange to see this? Do I really need to phone up the call centre? Thats rather annoying...
The best way to do it is to use a 3rd party award availability checker like KVS Tool or Award Nexus. Failing that, the next best option is to make a dummy booking using Avios in CW for the flights you're after. If there's availability in CW in the dummy booking then there's availability for you to upgrade your WTP booking too. At that point the easiest option is to call BA and get it done pronto.