FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Award Reservation CANCELLED without even telling me!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:44 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by tom77346
FWIW...OZ did not have my correct ticket number on an award flight...UA agent had to call them to correct it. This was after I had seats selected on OZ which I assumed meant that they had the proper ticketing, etc. I'm not sure, since OZ apparently blocks online seat maps after a certain capacity is reached, how else to make sure that a UA ticket is properly set up on OZ. Anybody have any other ways to verify everything is OK?
PNRs are a record of your reservation. Even if you cancel flights, the PNR can continue to exist.

Some airlines don't allow you to reserve seats until after ticketing. Some do. So having a seat reservation is not necessarily a good indicator that the airline is going to allow you to fly.

I think the best advice in this case where there is a known issue is to ring OZ, not rely on any on-line system except for what OZ can see in theirs. If they have no ticket number then they aren't going to get paid and you may not get to fly.