FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on my Vegas/National Park trip
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:09 am
sard

Need advice on my Vegas/National Park trip

Hi everyone...first let me apologize for the multiple post, this is a rush post, we have to book our trip either tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Last August the wife and I went to the Grand Canyon.
Now, I will be the first to admit, I am not a fan of nature, but the wife loves hiking (I don't get it)

So we are planning out another vacation, but would love some advice on the best way to organize it.

We are thinking:
for me:
Las Vegas (I love "sites" so I will love going to the hotels and checking out the fun stuff there...I love the "tourist trap" stuff)
maybe Hoover Dam

for her, she has named such places as:
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon
Antelope Canyon
Moab National Park

Now, a couple of questions:
1. From her list...which of those would be the same as Grand Canyon?
We can probably remove that stuff, since it would be similar to our last vacation. Of course thats my thinking, she might disagree.
Antelope seems very different from Grand Canyon, but it might be tough to get to (see question 2)

2. What would be the best path for our trip? we are thinking Saturday to Friday. Maybe 3 nights in Vegas...
Fly into Phoenix then drive to Vegas, passing by Antelope and Zion, etc?
Fly into Vegas then drive to Phoenix, passing by .....
What parks do we go to on the path....what parks do we avoid (too out of the way, etc)

3. Is it even possible with our limited time. Should we just forget about some of the parks/Phoenix, and just stay in Vegas and go to some nearby parks as day trips...

4. Is it better to hit the parks on the weekdays because it might be less crowded? (ties into question 2 also)

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!