FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hospitals in the Delhi area
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:02 pm
bruadair

In December 2011 while I was in New Delhi I developed a severe respiratory infection. After some time I contacted a friend and asked what the best hospital in New Delhi was and he replied Fortis, they have a couple branches throughout the city. I ended up going to the emergency room at Fortis Hospital in Vassant Kunj (name of the neighborhood). It's a private and high end hospital. After being examined in the hospital I was told that I needed to be admitted and was offered the choice of a shared room or private room. I chose the private room.

I ended up staying six days, had a series of CT scans, x-rays, lots of iv's and drugs and outstanding care by the doctors and nurses. Oh, the bathroom attached to my room was almost bigger than my hotel room! After six days I was well enough to leave and spent another week recovering at my hotel. The total cost including hospital charges, doctors, everything was just under $1800. I'm planning another visit to Indiain a month or two, if I'm ever in the need I will not hesitate to go back to Fortis.

Oh, when I was in the ER and was told I was going to be admitted I had asked what the estimated charges were. They showed me a price list of the various fees which was nice to see.

Have a good time in Delhi, and stay healthy.

D.