FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Car-less in the Hamptons
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:15 pm
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by SQinterrupted
Thanks everyone, for your suggestions! =)

I went to the Best Weekends link RobbieRunner posted, and saw this link to horse-riding at Deep Hollow Ranch.. Now i'm getting excited about horse-riding on the Montauk Beach and taking lots of great pictures of me on a horse hehe! Does anyone have any comments about Deep Hollow Ranch? I've never been on a horse before, so i hope they allow beginners to go on the horse rides.. =)

Hmmm another thing is, if I were to take a cab to Deep Hollow Ranch from the Montauk LIRR station or the Hampton Jitney bus stop, would I be able to just flag down a cab (like in NYC), or would I need to call the cab company for a pickup?

I would love to go cycling around the Hamptons too =) I'm a rather shaky cyclist though, having just learnt how to cycle not too long ago hehe.. Are the bike routes in the Hamptons easy to do?
The taxis out in the Hamptons all know when the trains arrive, so they're usually waiting at the station. If you don't see one when you arrive, you'll have to call one. (I googled Montauk taxi and came up with Garflield's at 631-204-7605; you might do your own search for some alternatives.)

As for biking, there are easy rides just around Montauk, and fairly challenging rides if you want to head west to neighboring towns, such as Amagansett.