FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dulles United Clubs - Why bother 4-6pm...
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:48 am
wwu123

Programs: United
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Funny that this afternoon there was a line 10 deep at the Gordon Biersch as well.

But to the others, yes Lufthansa lounge is a great oasis...but a tough schlep for an hour visit.
I tried the LH lounge for the first time last week, it was great. I was on an early return trip, so arrived before it opened. The sign said it would open at 8:20 and it did exactly that with a very German preciseness. The greeting agent was Japanese since they are there for the ANA flight apparently.

It was a nice calm oasis - although of course I was the only one in there for the first 20 minutes, and the entire terminal was a barren oasis that time of morning. I had to turn on and warm up the espresso machine myself even. The only unfortunate thing was the downstairs showers didn't open until 9 am, when I had to leave.

Seems like a possibility for even an hour connection as long as you're not going through D. I arrived in A and departed in C, and the lounge is right next to the aerotrain that runs to the middle of C.