FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2012)
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:24 am
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Düsseldorf

What is your Priority Club Status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very much so

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the cheapest rate with breakfast, and received a king bed executive suite on 8th floor with club access.

How are the rooms?
Around 60 sqm. Very elegant design

Living room with sofa, flat screen television with large selection of channels (but strangely only one French channel I have never heard of), Nespresso machine, kettle, desk

Bedroom with flat screen television, very comfortable bed, separate dressing

Superb bathroom with bathtub, separate toilets and shower. WLLT amenities. Large bottle of WLLT body lotion

Room was immaculate
Very quiet
Terrace with chairs along the suite. View over Koenigsallee
No Wifi

Video of the king bed executive suite

How is the exec. lounge?
One of the best European club lounges.
Very good breakfast. Pastries at tea time. Cold and warm election of evening food, served in Bernardaud China
Very elegant design and great service
Excellent service.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- Excellent and smiling service
- Central location, in the most exclusive part of the city
- Elegant interior design
- Great club lounge

Bad:
- Nothing, except there is no wifi in the room (and you have to ask for a – free - 120 minutes voucher to get wifi in the club lounge; same story with computers at the club lounge)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?Would you return?
Yes.
IC Dusseldorf should be, with Berlin, the reference for Europeans properties in terms of interior design and service.

PS: I had a chat with the check-in agent who told me that he attended last week a meeting in Frankfurt about the consistency of Royal Ambassador benefits. He also told me that IC Frankfurt will be renovated in the next 2 years (and will close the other building in front of main building, despite it could have been transformed into an InterContinental Residences property)