FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buffalo - worth visiting?
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:41 pm
Yoshi212

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
There is a under $3 bus that takes you from the airport to the downtown bus station if you want to save money. It isn't all that bad. I just pricelined for $50 a night and got the Hyatt. Used to get it for under $20 but those days are gone.

Originally Posted by sent
Get a car, even if it's a zip car. Otherwise you'll spend your whole day waiting for the bus. Buffalo is not NYC. If you "walk around" you won't be able to cover very much ground. The subway goes only up and down Main Street. That's right, it's just one line. You can cover the distance the subway travels by car in 15 minutes, even if you hit all the traffic lights. The amount you will pay for a cab from the Airport to downtown (also a 15 minute ride) will probably be enough to pay for at least 1 night of a car. And it will leave you the option of driving over to Niagara Falls. If you have a passport, go to the Canadian side.

I've met many people who have been to Niagara Falls and never realized that Buffalo was 30 minutes away. I've never met anyone who has been strictly to Buffalo for a leisure trip and didn't work a side trip to Niagara Falls.