FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you value your family's safety and pets please read
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:22 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by redreeper
Hah! Kipper, I have a groomer too.

The last paragraph states the dogs escaped?? I'm trying to think under what circumstance the hotel would be liable.... I guess if someone left their dogs in the room uncrated (yikes) and put the do-not-disturb up AND informed the front desk and they opened the door and let them out and they attacked the beagle? Maybe. I dunno, seems like a hit and run post and maybe we will not hear the circumstances and offer our vast FT pet-friendly knowledge to Nyminute. ^

No police report concerns me. Did the pits have proof of vaccination? I've only stayed in one hotel that required rabies vac proof on check-in (that was a Sheraton in CA). Can't say I thought it was a bad idea.

Pet friendly, to me, simply means there is a designated poopy spot and I'll be staying in a pre-soiled room I rarely travel with my dogs except for a response or a specific dog event, and even then I stay at a "host" hotel, one that requested to be advertised as a supporting establishment. Otherwise, pet-friendly doesn't means pet-safe, it just means my room will smell.
My groomer seems to enjoy faces and feet.

I don't know if the last paragraph indicates that the pit bulls escaped, or if dogs could, due to doors not being secure.

I thought the same thing about a hit and run post, but perhaps they will return and let us know what happens.

I usually travel with vet records for the kibblers, figuring that you never know when you might need them.

I travel with the kibblers occasionally, and have never found a pet-friendly hotel to not be well-maintained.