FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buffalo - worth visiting?
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:06 pm
M60_to_LGA

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by armattheus
Go after April for a Thursday to Sunday trip if you can. There is a Thursday evening event called Thursday in the Square or T.I.T.S. as my friends and I called it in college. It's a free concert with beer and food carts and after you stumble to the many bars and restaurants. Take a friend if you can as it will help. Buffalo has many Colleges and Universities beyond its own native population so younger crowds are easy to find. I had a great time there in college and still do when I visit friends. Architecturally they have a huge range. From massive Pierce Arrow Auto building & Museum to Frank Lloyd Wright houses and more. Food...yeah they've got a lot of it and it's all unhealthy and delicious. The area is actually not what you imagine fiscally. The city isn't doing as well as the suburbs but the Buffalo Metro Area is doing well thanks to Health/Science/Pharmaceutical companies being there.

If you do choose to go PM me and I can give you a list of local spots you should try not to miss.
Thanks for the tips! I'd probably go up Friday afternoon and leave Sunday evening, most likely late May, as far as I can tell. I'd just like to do something different, and Buffalo certainly seems different. I suppose if it turns out to be really lame, I can always take a bus across the border and check out Fort Erie, no?

From what I've heard, the architecture is simply stunning. Only in America could we build cities into absolute gems and then just let them collapse out of indifference and avarice... but anyway.

It seems like there are some decent walking tours of the historical buildings - do you know of any that are particularly good?