FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Monument Valley Photography Guide
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:29 pm
anrkitec
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you like a response to all your questions and proposed 700 mile round-trip in one of the most scenic regions of the world in 50 words or less?

I lived in ABQ for a couple of years and didn't get to do everything I wanted to so the idea of a one-week whirlwind trip makes my head spin.

I suppose it starts with your planned route.

I could lay out several routes that get you to MV and back in a week but none of them would hit all of the major points let alone all of the points that are less well known but just as interesting.

If I had to nail it down to a single, coherent route I suppose that it would look something like [1] take the "back road" [14] around the Sandias [through Madrid, etc.] to Santa Fe, then [2] take 285/502 through Los Alamos, the [3] west to Chaco Canyon, then from there to the Farmington area, then [4] to MV and then [5] to Antelope Canyon.

From there it depends on whether or not you plan on returning to ABQ.

Of course there are many things to see along this route so maybe if you have a more firm idea of what routing you might take I could be more specific.

In general, heading west/northwest from ABQ I would consider things like Santa Fe, the Los Alamos caldera, Chaco Canyon [public], and Antelope Canyon [guide required] to be "must sees".

Whether or not you hit places like Walnut Canyon and Acoma depend on how/if you circle back to ABQ.

Last edited by anrkitec; Apr 4, 2012 at 11:55 pm