FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Tailor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:55 am
flymao

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
Well the time came to pick up my fathers suit and the result was 'ok'. Some of the alterations were made - but was still too loose and boxy. Unfortunately my father leaves first thing tomorrow morning, so does not have time to make further alterations, so will have to do this in the UK. Of course I am a little upset as at the end of the day he wasn't happy with the experience he had. I appreciate that he had 7 days from start to finish to have suit made (which should still be plenty of time), but having not had a first fitting before finishing the jacket was sloppy and a bit unprofessional if you ask me.

In terms of customer service and politeness of both the staff at Dannys, both Alex and Singh are very friendly and polite, and I am sure they will not do me wrong - but at the end of the day they aren't making the products themselves.

jjdc - it definately was the same tailor that you had and whilst I appreciate that the tailor has years of experience, and was very polite on the first fitting when it came to my fitting, he was trying to tell me what I wanted, despite my very specific requests. I don't know whether slimmer fitting, tapered jackets are more of a western thing - or having sleeve length come down to your knuckles is an Asian thing - but still, I know what I want, was very specific and that's why I am paying for bespoke and not getting off the peg.

Again, I'll reserve final judgement until I get the finished article, but as I live here, and have the time to keep going back until it's right - I won't be settling until i'm happy. Will post another report on Friday when my first set of alterations are finished.