FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:35 am
dan1431

I do understand the displeasure, it is rational and it does make sense, but here is my point, we can debate this till the cows come home, but nothing is going to change, unless UNITED wants to make a change.

UNITED has made their decision, determined what they perceive to be best for the company and are going forward with that plan.

I am not thrilled with many of the changes (read downgrades) but without sitting in on the meetings at UA HQ where this stuff is discussed and without knowing how each decision is affecting their bottom line (posting here that "my friends are leaving UA and taking our $$$$$ with us, does give us [FTers] an idea of your displeasure but not the entire UA pax base) we cannot understand the whys and wherewithal for their decisions and their choice to either stand their ground or backtrack.

IMHO, it is as simple as that, to be clear, I am not excusing their decisions, I am just being as rational as I can be.

Dan