FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there enough time?
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:15 am
MIT_SBM

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
Is there enough time?

I will be arriving in SIN on flight SQ-865 and would like to depart on 5J-548 (Cebu Pacific). The issue is that SQ-865 arrives at 22:10 [if on time] and 5J-548 departs at 00:20. That gives me 2 hours and 10 minutes [assuming they arrive and depart on time, respectively] to deplane, clear immigration and customs, transit the airport and board the next flight.

I can not put the flights on the same PNR because a. 5J is a LCC and b. the SQ-865 flight would be on an award ticket, while the 5J-548 would be a purchased ticket.

SQ-865 appears to arrive in Terminal 2, while 5J-548 departs from the Budget Terminal. A quick check shows that recently SQ-865 as arrived as late as 22:45. I was not able to find the actual departure times for 5J-548.

Is there enough time to make the transfer/connection or should I seek alternative arrangements?

From the Changi website:

Please arrive at your departure gate at least 30 mins before the departure time as gates close 10 minutes before departure time.

Kindly proceed to clear Arrival Immigration, collect your baggage (if any) and clear Customs before checking-in at the respective terminal for your connecting flight. ... If your connecting flight is at The Budget Terminal, please take the free shuttle bus service at Terminal 2 Basement to The Budget Terminal.