FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opportunity knocks - AR to withdraw from NZ market?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:45 am
JDeux
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to friends, family, compatriots; not crooked multi-national corporations
Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
It looks as though I owe Argentina an apology, I had thought that they were currently an even bigger basket case than New Zealand is, however, after reading your post I just did a bit of googling and things look a lot better there than I had assumed.
No worries; as an aside considering the prices in Argentina [another country which I absolutely love, so not meaning to be harsh to it], the median per-capita income, and the value of the currency, I'm not sure that "basket case" is too far off...

I only responded b/c I absolutely believe in your initial sentiment and (granted not knowing anything about crooked airport reallocations or not allowing codeshares, which would obv alter the $s) that any airline exec who could not make a Australia-NZ-EZE (note I don't have a clue on AEP) work, should be... ermm... "shot" prob is not a phrase I should use in fine int'l company.. If it takes more pr $ of how wonderful a place Argentina is, noting the wonderful accessibility from NZ, $o be it... ... any ba$ket case scenario for Arg would only make it more compelling for AU/NZ...