FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles Change Rumor?
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:12 am
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
It makes sense (for DL, that is) and is quite likely to so happen, I think. I was just hoping that the current system would hold out for longer... as this will not work well with the rest of the SkyTeam airlines, and I am not sure how one ST airline can do this (fare based) while others are distance based, when mileage needs to be consistent earning (i.e. distance based) accross the entire ST, and can't be one way to earn for one segment of an itineary, another way for another. To honour ST mileage earning, then likely one would still earn DL based on the distance if one is a member of any program other than ST, so way around this would be to sign up for another ST airline FF program (e.g., KE) to keep earning DL flight miles (in another FFP) miles based on distance still, vs. fare. That is, if this comes to be...which I think it will, as I have long predicted (it makes business sense), I've only hoped it would be a few years later, not so soon.

Originally Posted by HongKonger
If you heard a rumor about it then it isn't true. DL always makes program changes unannounced.
+1. This is what makes me hope that it won't happen. Not quite yet. That it's being talked about, and it's not like DL giving any advance notice, official or unofficial.