FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farewell Miles, with ANA, Thai and Asiana with ANA's International 787 in C
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:58 am
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
One Time Exception - Tin Cheung Camera, K11 Shopping Complex, Tsim Shau Tsui.
Camera sensor clean, HK$570

When your camera is dirty, it’s a darn good idea to get the camera serviced as soon as possible. Normally the main cause of trouble for DSLR users is dirt on the sensor - what can't be blown away needs a darn good clean.

And if you’re not confident or haven’t got the kit to clean it with, it’s time to research and get desperate to find a fix or someone to clean it for you.

Now whilst Tsim Shau Tsui has oodles of camera shops, most of them are... yes. Well put it like this - I wouldn’t go in and barter with them on discounts and rely on them being in Hong Kong when I next visit (even if it was a glass filter from $600 to $540 to $300 after walking out of the door in mock disgust later when I can pick up a decent one elsewhere for a slightly less prettier coin).

After sorting out getting my chops engraved in Man Wa Lane, I headed over to TST, and found the shop in the K11 place (Exit A3@ TST - go past the 2nd hand Tin heung Camera shop, and go around the corner).

The shop is what I'd consider more of a "proper" camera shop than some of the places down Nathan Road which have flashy Neon tubes and prices that can be... eye-watering.

After explaining the problem, I was given two options - option 1, buy the kit myself and do it myself or option 2, get the sensor cleaned there and then in 30 minutes flat.

I went for option 2 - That’ll do nicely as they say.

I dropped the beast off at the camera shop and walked around the K11 complex (which has 1) a useful supermarket in the B1 level 2) Is connected to TST/TST-East stations and 3) Has 30 minutes free WiFi.

30 minutes later I popped back, and the sensor was clean again.

I paid the cash and walked out a lot happier than I went into the shop.

The fact an hour later, the camera decided that the floor of Man Wa Lane was a better place to be than my camera bag is besides the point (and whilst annoying the hell out of me, releasing MORE dust - thankfully that could be blown away).

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again – this Canon 50D and me are not getting on in any respect. Except I can live with things normally. Before going mad. Well there has to be some madness for me for doing all this Economy flying normally.

Overall: Digital Camera sensors are wonderful things, but ultimately annoying when a bit of dirt gets on the sensor. Whilst others are confident and cleaning them, I’m not confident. Having a few contacts around the world when you're in need can only be a good thing.

Hong Kong was a short break, doing the sights, the night show, and of course – the Temple Street Market which is a favourite hobby of mine – least of all I can practice bartering, and of course, enjoy the lights of the city.

Temple Street Market

Over to the island