FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farewell Miles, with ANA, Thai and Asiana with ANA's International 787 in C
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:37 am
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Hotel: Hotel Savigny Frankfurt City - MGalley Hotel Collection (Accor Group)
Price Paid: £67.11 (-£8.02 in QuidCo Cashback)

Continuing my tradition of only shooting hotels at night...

The hotel which is just off the Platz der Republic is conspicuous by it’s understatement. However, upon entry it looked very lush and well cared for. After arriving just after midday local time, I was chancing if I could check in –and surprise – I could!

Reception

Up the Spiral Staircase

No card imprint was taken and I was issued a room on the first floor… that was next to the elevator (of course, the elevator is a typical German one – ie – titchy).

Oh well. Can’t win them All. Especially at this price. The fact I couldn’t hear the elevator says a bit though.

Bed

Working area

TV and MiniBar

The room however was boiling hot. And lets just say after putting my stuff down, I crashed for a few hours before waking up drenched in sweat. As the air-con was misbehaving, I opened the window, which reduced the temperature quickly.

In terms of amenities, the room was of a reasonable size, but power plugs seemed to be an issue (I found the best one for the laptop on the bed was… near the exit). The bathroom was extremely well stocked with double amenities of soap, shampoo, bath etc.

Shower

Oh yes, and the bath water was lovely and hot.

In addition, a large bottle of Evian was placed in the room as a complimentary welcome gift.

Welcome water - note - proper bottle too!

Deciding to actually do something with the day was the next decision, so I packed my bag, and headed off to the Zeal, and after realising I had forgotten a pile of memory cards to take with me (which ruled out the Main Building visit, I decide to do some “Creative Photography” instead.

No. Not my usual sort of “Creative Photography” (quiet down the back there ). The Other sort - playing with Panorama’s, late evening and other things I don’t usually do at home. Here's some bits and bobs.

The Eye of the Zeal

After wandering back to the Römer, and back to the Hbf and to the hotel, where I packed up the stuff that I had unpacked, and crashed till the morning.

The view from the room" width

I took my leave of the hotel, with no charges to pay, and begun making my way to Frankfurt Airport