FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two weeks in Maui???
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:37 pm
DJGMaster1
Suspended

Originally Posted by wayzfam
As of now we have 13 nights reserved at FS Maui, but have the option to go to FS Hualalai for 3 nights. I would like to go to Hualalai longer, but no earlier dates yet. I am thinking it is too much effort to go to Hualalai for just 3 nights.
I personally wouldn't bother doing the Big Island unless you could do 2 more days, as there are areas of Maui and Lanai that are much easier to visit and more suited to 2-3 day excursions. You really need 5 days to properly see the Big Island.

One very viable alternative to consider would be to fly into Hilo, and spend the first 2 nights in one of the nicer lodges in Volcano Natl. park, and then spend the next 3 days in Hualalai.

Frankly, it sounds like you care more about what hotel you are staying in, than what Island you are staying in, and that sounds like a strange way of viewing a trip to Hawaii. The FS Hualalai is certainly a gorgeous hotel, but if there is a part of Hawaii that has LESS going on than Hualalai, I'm not aware of it, other than perhaps the Haleakala crater in Maui.

Last edited by DJGMaster1; Mar 15, 2012 at 12:42 pm