FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012
Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:13 pm
gdemander

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Silver, UA 1K, DL Silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Is it just me, or do others feel there is no advantage to the breakfast option for SPG Amex card holders, since the 500 Amenity Points are equivalent to $500 in spending - no breakfast is worth that much!

Good to see some hotels are providing both, but if I have to choose, I'll take the 500 points and stop by McDonalds, Panera Bread or something similar and pocket the difference in value.
Read this at first as 500 points is worth $500 and was about to ask where? Because I would be there in a heart beat.

But, I agree with Out of my Element with $.25 per point. And then I also take into account the incremental value of a point versus spending my money. I have lots of points, and I don't have lots of money. I can spend money easier than I can points. Although I value spending points at $.25, if someone offered me cash or points, it would probably change my valuation.

Also, it is breakfast every day plus for two people. So if its a two night stay, the value definitely increases.

But, when I am travelling for work 95% of the time, I am still taking the points. I very much appreciate the options.