FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:06 pm
Out of my Element

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Is it just me, or do others feel there is no advantage to the breakfast option for SPG Amex card holders, since the 500 Amenity Points are equivalent to $500 in spending - no breakfast is worth that much!

Good to see some hotels are providing both, but if I have to choose, I'll take the 500 points and stop by McDonalds, Panera Bread or something similar and pocket the difference in value.
Depends on what you can use those points for. If you value points at $.025 each (about what I try to get), then 500 points are worth $12.50. If b'fast is worth more than $12.50 (and remember, it's for you and a traveling mate, if any), it's easily a better deal to take free b'fasts (and it's every day of your stay, so on a 4 day stay with 2 people, that's $100!) than it is to take the points. And an Egg McMuffin.